Thursday, July 3, 2008

St. Croix Scenic Byway





On the first leg of our vacation we drove along the St. Croix Scenic Byway. St. Croix Scenic Byway rambles along the alternatively wild and pastoral St. Croix River, which is also a National Scenic River way.

We drove through many charming historic towns, explored state parks and strolled through many-a-downtowns with character and architecture of decades past.

Even though we were visiting in late October, we caught the tail end of the fall colors. There is something poetic about the changing colors. It seemed as if some one had lit a fire with all these colors vividly shining through!

10 comments:

Sukku said...

What can I say...except "THANK YOU" for such lovely photos...keep em coming...have a great weekend and please do travel somemore...

Anonymous said...

The last picture makes me want to be there and see it myself! Lovely reflection and colors.

Lakshmi said...

I love the second picture ..beautiful :)

Jeevan said...

Wow, the colors of leaves reflection on river adds beauty.

Sujata said...

Thanks Suku…very validating…I really appreciate your words of encouragement. I plan to keep traveling…schedule permitting. :)

Lakshmi: second picture is one of my favorite pictures too. In fact it is currently on my desktop!

Mridula: knowing a bit about you through your blog, I really think you would enjoy the place immensely. :)

Jeevan: I agree with you the reflection on water gives it an interesting dimension.

Mampi said...

Breathtaking.
your pics are so inspiring, Maybe one day I will go there too...

indicaspecies said...

These beautiful pictures make me dream all the more to spend a few days of Fall in North America so I'd get to enjoy the rich warm colors of Autumn.

Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

the maple leaf in water is just too good !!

Sujata said...

Mampi, thanks for visiting. I agree with you Lake superior is worth visiting.

Indicaspecies: Thanks for visiting. The great lakes region is very gorgeous at the same time peaceful. I am sure you will enjoy traveling in that area immensely.

Sujata said...

Thanks Sameer, I am glad you liked the image.