Monday, March 23, 2009

Recently read....


I go through phases…reading in spurts.

So these are some of the books I recently read…"Sister of My Heart" nourished some part of me which was seeking connection with my Indian self…And nourished it did. After, I finished reading it I moved on to "The Namesake"…very well written, could see glimpses of me…..

"Lucifer Effect" had a very interesting viewpoint on the terrorism and how youth dedicate their lives to it…choose death over life, by psychologist Philips Zimbardo and lastly "Year of Magical Thinking"…on loss and grieving by Joan Didion…again a great read.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the Namesake too!

Mampi said...

need to read all of them yet
the great anparh me.

Sujata said...

You are actually very well read, if your blog is anything to go by!
:0)
Mampi, if you like you can start with namesake...my fav of this list!

Unknown said...

Jhumpa Lahiri amazes me. She writes things so simply, yet so beautifully.